National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Signings and departures 2011/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signings and departures 2011/12
    Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 12:00
Please use this thread to record all signings and departures for all leagues. Please do not set up seperate threads for each league.

I promise I won't accidently delete this thread.
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Barking Dawg View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barking Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 14:46
Barking sign ex Nottingham/Otley fly half Will Nelson.

Also looking to add 1 more player this week   
Bluebuthappy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebuthappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 17:34
Have you been peeking at the Bedford forum Richard or am I just clairvoyant? Wink

If only they'd fix that damned broken link as quick... Unhappy
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 17:42
Originally posted by Bluebuthappy Bluebuthappy wrote:

Have you been peeking at the Bedford forum Richard or am I just clairvoyant? Wink

I knew you were going to ask that Wink 

Someone asked me to set it up as they want to announce a signing. 

Remember Wakefield RFC
green&whitetiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green&whitetiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 20:13
Matt Parr will be returning to Nottingham from Saracens for the start of next season,signing a 2 year contract.

Brummagem Bertie View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummagem Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 20:43
Willie Walker has confirmed on Twitter that he is leaving Warriors but no news on where he's going, yet.
JCL bandwagon jumper.
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummagem Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 21:54
Officially announced today, after being rumoured for a few days, that Worcester have signed loosehead Ceri Jones from Quins, on a 2-year deal.  We are also rumoured to be getting James Percival from Quins, too.
JCL bandwagon jumper.
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 15:59
Kitchener to leave Worcester Warriors
For immediate release: 
Issued on behalf of Worcester Warriors

Worcester Warriors have today announced that Graham Kitchener will leave Sixways Stadium at the end of this season.

Bromley-born second row Kitchener has made 61 appearances for the Warriors and scored 25 points during his time at the club.

Head Coach Richard Hill said: "We're obviously disappointed that Graham Kitchener will leave the club at the end of the season.

"He has come through the Warriors Academy system and progressed to the England Saxons squad through his performances and development at Sixways.

"Graham remains a key part of our squad and will continue to represent the Warriors throughout the remainder of the season in the RFU Championship play-offs and British & Irish Cup.

“He is an outstanding professional and I have no doubt that he will continue conduct himself in the right manner and do everything he possibly can to help the club gain promotion.

“We have been very active with the recruitment of second rows as we build for next season. We now look forward to revealing to our supporters the new recruits, who boast a wealth of experience and talent in this position, in the coming week.”

Kitchener said: “This was obviously a very tough decision to make as I feel a great sense of loyalty to everyone at the club who has helped me to progress from an early age. However, after much deliberation I feel the time is right to give myself a new challenge.

“I would like to thank everyone involved at the club, especially Andrew Stanley and Gary Meechan who have always guided and helped me and Phil Davies who has taken a lot of time in mentoring me individually this year. All of this input has been invaluable to me.

“The fans have also always been great and I have been humbled by how many have told me of their desire for me to stay, which made the decision even harder to take.

“For now, though, my only focus is playing as big a part as I can in helping the club secure promotion for next season.”

Worcester Warriors
Ben Mottram
+44 (0)1905 459340
+44 (0)7725 219097
media@wrfc.co.uk 

Remember Wakefield RFC
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 16:20
Leo set to leave the Bees for London Irish
For immediate release: Friday 4th March 2011
Issued on behalf of Birmingham & Solihull

Leo Halavatua is set to swap life in RFU Championship for the bright lights of the Aviva Premiership next season, as it was officially confirmed today that he would be leaving Birmingham & Solihull for London Irish.

Rosario – or Leo – as he is affectionately known, joined the Bees back in 2006 and in the last two seasons has made a positional change from No.8 to prop. Such has been his progress, that the 27 year old Tongan quickly attracted the attention of several Premiership Clubs in his new-found front row berth, with London Irish securing his signature for the 2011/12 season.

Leo’s rapid rise in stature as a player is no surprise to Bees’ Director of Rugby Russell Earnshaw. "Leo's forced elevation to prop last season has been followed by an incredibly steep learning curve. The improvement he has shown has been nothing short of remarkable and due in no small part to his own work ethic and the contribution of our more senior front-row players. In particular, Ngalu, Mash and Ross have been fantastic mentors and must take some of the credit for what is a great opportunity for Leo to continue this progress. As a Championship club, player development is high on our agenda and we are rightly proud of the value we have added here."

Speaking at the announcement, Leo Halavatau said, “I am obviously delighted to have the opportunity to move to a Club like London Irish and with it the prospect of playing Premiership rugby. However, I will miss everyone at the Bees – the players, the coaching staff and the fans - who have been great with me and my family and have really helped me develop my rugby. It has been great working with front row veterans like Ngalu Tau and Matt Long, who have really helped me in improving the technical side of my game in recent seasons.”

Leo still has important work to do for the Bees yet, as the Club prepares for its second successive Relegation Playoff campaign. “I have no doubt that Leo will want to make his usual impact and contribution over the next six matches, to help Birmingham & Solihull once again retain our Championship status for next season” said Russell Earnshaw.

The Bees kick off their Championship Relegation campaign against Esher on Sunday 13th March at Damson Park (KO 1pm).

Birmingham & Solihull
Richard Smith
+44 (0)7789 862483
richard@nccreativegroup.com

Remember Wakefield RFC
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummagem Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 18:09
Confirmed today that Warriors have signed ex-Academy second-row James Percival from Quins, http://www.warriors.co.uk/10375.php.

Moving out is ex-Academy prop Callum Black to Ulster, http://www.warriors.co.uk/10374.php.
JCL bandwagon jumper.
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 19:14
I know at Bedford winger Duncan Taylor and scrum half Will Chudley are in the middle of 2 year contracts, there could be others. We've also given scrum half Darryl Veenendaal a 2 year deal and acadamy winger Josh Bassett a contract. All of those players having come through our acadamy system.

Also, I only just noticed this thread today, why is it not pinned at the top of all forums like usual?
rotherhamtillidie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotherhamtillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 19:17

Bluesman, I agree!! lets have a 2011/2012 topic so we have have signings, but also contract renewals for next season.... please! Smile

Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 22:36
Originally posted by rotherhamtillidie rotherhamtillidie wrote:

Bluesman, I agree!! lets have a 2011/2012 topic so we have have signings, but also contract renewals for next season.... please! Smile

That's what this thread is for. 

Remember Wakefield RFC
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 20:45
Lock legend Rawlinson to return home
For immediate release: 
Issued on behalf of Worcester Warriors

Worcester Warriors have today announced that lock legend Greg Rawlinson will leave Sixways Stadium at the end of the current season and return to New Zealand.

Former New Zealand international Rawlinson has been a key figure in the Worcester pack over the last four seasons and is currently just six games short of making a century of appearances for Warriors.

Rawlinson, a hugely popular member of the squad and firm fan’s favourite at Sixways, has always provided an abrasive and physical presence around the field for Warriors as a fine lineout forward and strong scrummager.

Head Coach Richard Hill praised Rawlinson’s outstanding contribution during his time at Warriors and acknowledged the natural-born winner would be determined to go out on a high and secure promotion for the club from the RFU Championship.

“Greg has been simply fantastic for the club,” said Hill. “He is someone who has had a very hard playing career after always putting his body on the line week after week. But he is a true professional who never lets his standards drop and gives absolutely everything he can in a Worcester jersey.

“Greg has provided a real hard edge to the Warriors pack over the last four years. His levels of physicality have been a real asset for the club and he is also a very skilful player with his restarts and work at the set piece.

“We have had to manage him over the course of this season, in what has been an attritional campaign, and he has responded 100 percent with some very big performances for us.

“Greg is undoubtedly a fearsome customer to come up against on the field. But away from the game he is a very likeable and popular member of the squad who is admired by his team-mates and supporters. He will leave a big hole in the team and we wish him every success after this season.”

Rawlinson said: “I have really enjoyed my time at Worcester Warriors and in England. It has been a couple of tough years, but with the way the guys are working now, and the systems we have in place, I know that if we play to our potential we can gain promotion back to the Premiership.

“I have always had a great relationship with the fans who have backed me since my arrival in 2007.  Playing in front of a packed Sixways Stadium will be a special memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

“My focus is now on the rest of this season and doing everything I can to help the club win promotion. After that, I hope to be able to return to Sixways in the future and cheer the Warriors on from the stands.”

Worcester Warriors
Ben Mottram
+44 (0)1905 459340
+44 (0)7725 219097
media@wrfc.co.uk

Remember Wakefield RFC
rotherhamtillidie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotherhamtillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 21:29
Rotherham Update:
Departures:
- Joe Bedford - Unable to agree a deal
- Jonny Hepworth - Returning to rugby league
Confirmed Contract Renewals:
- Ben Harris
- Rob O'Donnell
- Matt Rhodes
- Dan Baines
- Cliffie Hodgson
- Sean Dougall
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummagem Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 23:28
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/wrfc/8914005.Rasmussen_and_Shervington_extend_Sixways_stay/

Whilst the article is about 2 re-signings, what is also interesting is that it makes clear that Adam Black and Chris Fortey are leaving: neither is mentioned in the talk about looking for third choices in their respective positions, when they have each been one of the three we have had in those positions this season.

Also confirms that if Jason Hobson is leaving Brizzle, it's not to come to us.
JCL bandwagon jumper.
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brummagem Bertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 23:19
Warriors have officially announced the signing of lock/back row Chris Jones, from Sale, on a 3-year deal, http://www.warriors.co.uk/10400.php

And there are a couple of Bristol supporters on their SN site who seem certain that we've signed their hooker, Ollie Hayes.
JCL bandwagon jumper.
alcoholic View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcoholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 12:05
That can now be confirmed. Richard Hill is continuing his accumilation of Ex-Bristol rugby talent by signing 21 year old Hooker Ollie Hayes.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring you a raft of Bristol signings (mainly from the current squad) as our Chairman has confirmed that between 50 & 80% of the current squad have re-signed new contracts.

Can we get this stickied onto all forums (like last seasons one) so that we don't have to go looking for it Wink

Edited by alcoholic - 22 Mar 2011 at 12:05
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 12:20
Originally posted by alcoholic alcoholic wrote:

Can we get this stickied onto all forums (like last seasons one) so that we don't have to go looking for it Wink

Done. You can send the cheque to the usual address. Wink

Remember Wakefield RFC
alcoholic View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcoholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 14:28
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Done. You can send the cheque to the usual address. Wink
Thanks indeed.

Considering Bristol entered into this campaign with every single player on one year contracts, so coming towards April and the end of the season, news of next years players has been sphazelnut.

So I can now confirm 14 players have signed up for next season

Darren Crompton, Mark Irish, Wayne Thompson, Roy Winters, James Merriman, Iain Grieve, Junior Fatialofa, Sean Marsden. Along with youngsters, Darren Barry, Marco Mama, Jack Gadd, Jack Tovey, George Watkins and Mark Davies.
And Jake Caulfield has joined our academy from London Irish.

Short a hooker and scrum half, but with more to come, hopefully we can form a decent looking squad for next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
  Share Topic