National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National League 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Topic ClosedRUGBY IN HULL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 20:54
Hull's 2nd XV showed quite a few changes from thier usual line up, more like a Select XV. I believe that the popularity of our 2nd XV and the organisers are attracting a number of Hull 2nd XV players.

As for who will be playing for who next year, on Saturday's performnace I would imagine that Hull will be contacting most of our 1st team squad. What's new, Hull's DoR casting his net as far as usual!
Having said that, one or two of Hull's current 1st team squad have shown more than a passing interest in coming to Hull I's.

A number of players photographs have appeared in Hull I's programme all season despite the fact that they have not played for us for some time. This is something that Ion Man does not seem to be able to get a grip of. He can add players but not remove any? Strange?

With reagrd to Allam, yes we gratefully accepted his gift of £10,000. At the time we were told that this was just the start. In truth, promises were not kept and it was all we recieved. Similar to Mr Allam's dealings with Hull KR. Lets be fair £10,000 wouldn't last long at Hull RUFC, not with their wage bill.

Hull RUFC (or as they would have you believe, the YPI) are now speaking to Allam. In truth, they always were. You will reap what you sow. 

Edited by GeorgeW - 23 Apr 2012 at 20:58
ShortArmsLongReach View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 21:56
Being Harrogate's feeder club, surely they get first pick George?
Go Hard or Go Home.
polyallstar View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 08:57
Originally posted by GeorgeW GeorgeW wrote:

Hull's 2nd XV showed quite a few changes from thier usual line up, more like a Select XV. I believe that the popularity of our 2nd XV and the organisers are attracting a number of Hull 2nd XV players.

What does this even mean? Confused
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 13:14
I have just read Georgie Porgie's latest diatribe.

He uses the term Hull/HullRUFC seven times and the term Hull I's twice.

Compulsive Obsession Disorder coupled with serious paranoia methinks. 

And just for good measure he has blown Ion Man's identity, a man whose work behind-the-scenes for Ionians is second to none.Thumbs Down

I am not sure who he dislikes the most, Hull or Harrogate.Wink

What's with you Boo-Boo
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 15:25
Rather an apt final statement GeorgeW (you reap what you sow) ...... as you made a bit of a "pig's ear" of your posting..... Still I suppose it is difficult to change the habits of a lifetime.
Shiver me timbers.
GeorgeW View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 17:40
Originally posted by polyallstar polyallstar wrote:

Originally posted by GeorgeW GeorgeW wrote:

What does this even mean? Confused
Polyallstar
I'm sorry you could not follow my posting. My intention was to let all know that Hull's 2ndXv was stronger than usual, due to the inclusion of 2 of the coaching staff and one or two others. Also, a number of Hull's 2nd XV have shown interest in joining Hull I's. They feel they are being overlooked as Hull concentrate on the 1stXV only. Their words not mine.
GeorgeW View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 17:51
[QUOTE=Yogi] I have just read Georgie Porgie's latest diatribe.

He uses the term Hull/HullRUFC seven times and the term Hull I's twice.

Compulsive Obsession Disorder coupled with serious paranoia methinks. 

And just for good measure he has blown Ion Man's identity, a man whose work behind-the-scenes for Ionians is second to none.Thumbs Down

I am not sure who he dislikes the most, Hull or Harrogate.Wink

Yogi,
You promised that you would no longer respond to any of my postings. I was hoping that you were a man of your word. What am I saying? Was I expecting honesty and integrity from you!

It was not my intention to 'out' Ion Man. I assumed from past postings that all local Forum members know his identity. Again, you are behind the times. If I have caused Ion Man any 'identity issues', I apologise as that was not my intention. I will reserve comment with regard to his work for the Club. 

I can assure you that I do not dislike any Rugby Club as a whole. However, I do have issues with certain members and practices at both Clubs you mention.
ShortArmsLongReach View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 18:07
I was always taught to concentrate on my own team and not worry about what others were up to. Can't think which hull 2nd teamers you may be referring to?

Edited by ShortArmsLongReach - 24 Apr 2012 at 18:09
Go Hard or Go Home.
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:35
How can someone who expects honesty and integrity from others find it neccessary to oranges off someone from his own club on a public forum?  A quiet word to the person concerned in the clubhouse would have been more appropriate.
What's with you Boo-Boo
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:41
The fruit filter has deleted the word s-l-a-g.  May I substitute the word 'tell'?
What's with you Boo-Boo
GeorgeW View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 20:48
Originally posted by Yogi Yogi wrote:

How can someone who expects honesty and integrity from others find it neccessary to oranges off someone from his own club on a public forum?  A quiet word to the person concerned in the clubhouse would have been more appropriate.

Yogi,
I made no comment on this Forum re a certain persons work for our club, other than my observation with regard to our match programme. If I have anything to discuss with him I will speak to him in person, as I have done many times. That is being honest.
Please remember that you promised not to reply or make comment on my postings. Try to make an effort to be as good as your word.
Yogi View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 23:00
Until you revert to form and make derogatory remarks about my club.
Remember, promises are like contracts, not worth the paper thay are written on.
What's with you Boo-Boo
bringbackbuck View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 23:14
Boom!
"You aren't playing rugby... don't come back out unless you decide you want to play. I will make a team out of whoever shows up!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic