National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National League 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

What a week of Rugby Ahead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackSeatBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 09:32
To all GeorgeW fans

I can sincerely say that George is a one off. Comments from Newt and Rich Moore are a more accurate assessment of the people of Brantingham Park. I like to think that we are not a bad bunch and BP is a pleasant place to visit.

As far a having a quiet word goes I would say it is not really necessary. Let George carry on fishing. Just don't snap at the bait !

Rich Moore. Don't think ill of us. Not very gentlemanly hoping that the whole club falls flat on its face bacause Georgie is a scamp.

Best of luck to all for next season
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 09:58
Well said BackSeatBoy, let's hope the "one bad apple" doesn't spoil the fine reputation of being a friendly club that Ionians has. Of course we are all entitled to express out opinions but I am sure everyone reading them on here accepts that they are those of an individual and not of the club, its officials, players and supporters.
I do however, find myself in the invidious position of being probably the lone poster on here who can  actually put the name to a face .. but I am keeping that secret to myself, in respect of both the rules and regulations of the forum and, believe it or not ,the "friendship" I have with the aforesaid miscreant. Handshake

If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Helicotrema View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helicotrema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:59
There is a good deal of speculation at Brantingham Park over the identity of George W. I even mentioned this to the favoured candidate and he denied it. GW is entitled to his opinions, but I do hope that they do not colour the opinion of others about the club as a whole. GW would, I am sure, be the first to admit that his postings are his personal opinion only. They may be supported by some clubs members, but are opposed by others. I am sorry that Rich Moore feels that George's attitude make him "want to see Ionians fall flat on their face next year", but would reassure him that the club members wish for the club to remains a friendly and welcoming place for all our opponents and their supporters.
Helicotrema
Full Bodied Red View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Bodied Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 18:56
I have to agree with Helicotrema, BSB and others. The constant "windups", acidic responses and downright hostility backwards and forwards from people in our game (who you would think know better) have been extremely disappointing. It has been more appropriate to a school playground than to a reasoned debate amongst mature adults.  
Hopefully, we've seen the last of this - at least for a few months!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic