National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Rotherham
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

My Rotherham

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar
Doncaster Knights

Joined: 21 May 2007
Location: Market Rasen
Status: Offline
Points: 1539
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:36
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

DKF

No worries matey I'm easily confused😂😂 just ask K&D

All the best

ST


It's your long pockets that confuse you 🤥
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
Back to Top
Albionlass View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Location: South Hams
Status: Offline
Points: 459
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albionlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 12:03
Originally posted by redski redski wrote:

Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

On the plus side, and there is a plus side, National 1 is *much* more fun. I'd rather Mose were in the Premiership, but it's sooo much better down here than it was in tierthe 2.

100% agree. I hope Albion don't go up. Rugby is so much better down here


Championship is becoming a money pit now and without  wealthy benefactor/s along with a strong financial corporate it is unsustainable .

Progression to the Prem is a massive financial loss as sadly London Welsh proved and Bristol are again attempting to sustain Prem status with their sole benefactor  .

Financially Wasps , Gloucester , London Irish ,Worcester to name a few in the Prem are a bit cash strapped (unsustainable).

Have to agree with redski , Nat 1 suits Plymouth Albion , it is sustainable for us . Clubs that come and go always bring something to the league and this season is at another level with  clubs performing in lower leagues  to compete for Nat 1 status .

I much prefer Nat 1 to Championship , purely for the amount of game time but mainly being financially sustainable and their are great encounters between teams from top to bottom .
Lifes a journey . Never a race .
Back to Top
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2013
Location: North Oxon
Status: Offline
Points: 536
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 12:16
Originally posted by Albionlass Albionlass wrote:

Originally posted by redski redski wrote:

Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

On the plus side, and there is a plus side, National 1 is *much* more fun. I'd rather Mose were in the Premiership, but it's sooo much better down here than it was in tierthe 2.

100% agree. I hope Albion don't go up. Rugby is so much better down here


Championship is becoming a money pit now and without  wealthy benefactor/s along with a strong financial corporate it is unsustainable .

Progression to the Prem is a massive financial loss as sadly London Welsh proved and Bristol are again attempting to sustain Prem status with their sole benefactor  .

Financially Wasps , Gloucester , London Irish ,Worcester to name a few in the Prem are a bit cash strapped (unsustainable).

Have to agree with redski , Nat 1 suits Plymouth Albion , it is sustainable for us . Clubs that come and go always bring something to the league and this season is at another level with  clubs performing in lower leagues  to compete for Nat 1 status .

I much prefer Nat 1 to Championship , purely for the amount of game time but mainly being financially sustainable and their are great encounters between teams from top to bottom .

Before we went down I was dreading it but a season in and talk about the scales falling from the eyes. Tier 1's unsustainable without a money tree, tier 2 is 12 clubs and a ludicrous cup competition that distorts the flow every 6 seconds, then suddenly you get to tier 3 and you've got a home game virtually every other week. Bliss. 
keep the faith
Back to Top
Ol' Blue Eyes View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Bedford
Status: Offline
Points: 357
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Blue Eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 15:33
I think the financial pressure on most premiership clubs will become unsustainable in the next 5 years and they'll have to start cutting back as the Pro 14 teams are doing now. 

I was never an advocate of ringfencing (still not) but I do think serious consideration should be given to creating a conference-based British and Irish league. The Pro 12/14 is not helping Italy's national team either and their current experiment with SA teams is mad.
Take the points!
Back to Top
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar
Sedgley Park

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: Prestwich
Status: Offline
Points: 4862
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 20:55
Originally posted by knightandday knightandday wrote:

Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

DKF

No worries matey I'm easily confused😂😂 just ask K&D

All the best

ST


It's your long pockets that confuse you 🤥


Shocking statement, K&D I only missed one round!!!! Typical Yorkshire man never misses nowt

I hope you are well.

All the best

ST

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 06 Oct 2017 at 20:58
Give him one with handles on
Back to Top
Runitback View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion


Joined: 22 Sep 2014
Location: North
Status: Offline
Points: 219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 21:04
Salvation would seem to have appeared in the form of 2 DRs from Wasps . .. Will Porter and Tom Willis. Willis is a particularly impressive specimen . . power and pace I fully expect that he and his older brother will become full caps for England in the near future . . the Curry twins are so last year!!!

The B & I could be exactly what Roth need . . I still think  4 clubs in the mix at the bottom . . but avoiding relegation is probably not the end of Roth problems . . like many other financially strapped Champ clubs!
Run with it
Back to Top
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 31 May 2007
Location: 'incleh
Status: Online
Points: 2580
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:20
Originally posted by Runitback Runitback wrote:

Salvation would seem to have appeared in the form of 2 DRs from Wasps . .. Will Porter and Tom Willis. Willis is a particularly impressive specimen . . power and pace I fully expect that he and his older brother will become full caps for England in the near future . . the Curry twins are so last year!!!

The B & I could be exactly what Roth need . . I still think  4 clubs in the mix at the bottom . . but avoiding relegation is probably not the end of Roth problems . . like many other financially strapped Champ clubs!

Cov had the use of Willis Snr for a short spell last season. If Tom is anything like as useful he'll do a very good job there.
Our City,
Our Club
Back to Top
Bedford Bear View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Location: Dense forest
Status: Offline
Points: 194
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedford Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 22:08
Keep the faith!

Edited by Bedford Bear - 20 Oct 2017 at 16:46
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.