National League Rugby Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National League 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - N2N Wide open at half way
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

N2N Wide open at half way

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message
Waltzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Location: Huddersfield
Status: Offline
Points: 654
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waltzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 21:09
DD,

Yes we are pushing hard, but we all know there are hard games ahead. Three of our last four fixtures are away, with our only home game against Fylde, so who knows?

My predictions for those to go down though are Peterborough, Macc and South Leicester, but Sheffield Tigers could get dragged into it. Tigers can score, but can't stop leaking points, which could be their downfall. Only my opinion.

Back to Top
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Location: Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 1131
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 21:23
Forgive an intercession from a southern softie......but.....it looks from afar, that the positions in our respective leagues are very similar this year ?  Just a personal opinion (and probably an unpopular one), but other than Rams, our league has not thrown up any teams that look obvious Nat1 quality sides this year ?  

It looks at least possible, that Nat2N has six sides competing for the top two places......with NO one side obviously superior.  It may be that you have six excellent sides.....all with Nat1 capability, but I suspect that you have the same situation as exists (IMO) in Nat2S.......a lot of really good sides but nothing really exceptional ?  

I can easily imagine that this will not be a popular view amongst the top half dozen sides in both leagues, but I think it may be true. 

It will produce an excellent promotion scrap in both leagues and will be entertaining for that. 

It does look like the comparative absence of bonus points might engender another Nat2S home fixture in the playoff.....though I'm as yet unsure how much of a benefit that will be. 

Much of interest to look forward to in both leagues......great competition, Big smile
Back to Top
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 24 May 2017
Location: Chester
Status: Offline
Points: 592
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 19:49
Originally posted by Darth Raider Darth Raider wrote:

Forgive an intercession from a southern softie......but.....it looks from afar, that the positions in our respective leagues are very similar this year ?  Just a personal opinion (and probably an unpopular one), but other than Rams, our league has not thrown up any teams that look obvious Nat1 quality sides this year ?  

It looks at least possible, that Nat2N has six sides competing for the top two places......with NO one side obviously superior.  It may be that you have six excellent sides.....all with Nat1 capability, but I suspect that you have the same situation as exists (IMO) in Nat2S.......a lot of really good sides but nothing really exceptional ?  

I can easily imagine that this will not be a popular view amongst the top half dozen sides in both leagues, but I think it may be true. 

It will produce an excellent promotion scrap in both leagues and will be entertaining for that. 

It does look like the comparative absence of bonus points might engender another Nat2S home fixture in the playoff.....though I'm as yet unsure how much of a benefit that will be. 

Much of interest to look forward to in both leagues......great competition, Big smile


Pretty fair assessment, Darth.

From my perspective, our dip in form has coincided with injuries to a few key players. Earlier in the season we seemed to be riding high, so when similar injuries occurred we coped really well, this time round, not so.

It's times like this that I wonder how the promoted team from N2N this season will cope with life in N1. The last two to go up did so by dominating in their respective promotion seasons, and are now both in the bottom half of the the table in a tight battle to stay up. I'm not sure this year's promoted team would be doing so well.
Back to Top
Darth Raider View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Location: Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 1131
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 21:12
That pretty much mirrors my own thinking Deva.  I thought that Cinderford and Chinnor last year were top quality.....in fact I thought Cinderford might make top 4 in Nat1 ,,,,,,but I believe they lost one of their most impactful players.

Rams are pretty good and most importantly,,,,they may be able to front up against the Nat1 packs.....not so sure about the others.  We will see.  

Injuries do play such a big part at this level and as you point out....it is not just quantity......each team has key players and if you lose nearly all of them (as my lot have), then it is a struggle.  The upside is that we have blooded huge numbers of our second team this year and I hope that this will represent a longer term advantage ?  Hey ho. 

I'll keep an eye on Chester......best of luck with your endeavours.
Back to Top
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 24 May 2017
Location: Chester
Status: Offline
Points: 592
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 07:38
That step-up to N1 is a good one; teams have no choice but to keep the tempo going just to survive the league, let alone make a push for the top two.

I've been watching Chester for a few seasons now, and whilst we have improved over the last few years - rotating players between our three senior sides so that when injuries hit, the players are ready to come up from the team below and hold their own - we still massively miss certain players when they are injured.

It's that ability to turn-around a tight game when your backs are against the wall and finish with the win, it's so hard to replace those players that have that extra 1%; players that know how to get the rest of the team to hold firm until the final whistle.

We have a good chance to go up this season, as do a few other sides. I'd be over the moon if we somehow manage to achieve it, even if it means we come straight back down. No matter what happens I've really enjoyed watching us this season and I just hope we keep it going for the seasons to come.
Back to Top
Tiger Dome 2 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Location: Sheffield
Status: Offline
Points: 223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger Dome 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:03
To be honest Waltzer from the inside looking out we have been our own worst enemy, but still believe !!!

We have been so close this year and played some good rugby, we should be looking up, not down however we are where we are.

We have played in January
Huddersfield 3rd
Fylde (were) 3rd (won)
Chester 2nd ( lost in last play)
and south (lost be a point in the last minute)
So a very very hard January !!!!!

Although anyone one can beat anyone on there day, we hope to start picking up points going forward into February. 

8 points away from relegation .... and 8 points away from 8th shows what a close and great league this is and for me anyone from Tyndale down are in with a shout of going down ...... and anyone from Hinckley above a shout of going up !!!!!!!!! A few injuries to key players or the unlucky bounce of a single ball could decide it this year at the top or bottom !!!

However with our budget and resources, I am proud of what the players and coaches are achieving on the hill ....... and come what may we will do it together as a "club" 
Back to Top
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Location: Stourbridge
Status: Offline
Points: 1635
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 19:32
Originally posted by Tiger Dome 2 Tiger Dome 2 wrote:

To be honest Waltzer from the inside looking out we have been our own worst enemy, but still believe !!!

We have been so close this year and played some good rugby, we should be looking up, not down however we are where we are.

We have played in January
Huddersfield 3rd
Fylde (were) 3rd (won)
Chester 2nd ( lost in last play)
and south (lost be a point in the last minute)
So a very very hard January !!!!!

Although anyone one can beat anyone on there day, we hope to start picking up points going forward into February. 

8 points away from relegation .... and 8 points away from 8th shows what a close and great league this is and for me anyone from Tyndale down are in with a shout of going down ...... and anyone from Hinckley above a shout of going up !!!!!!!!! A few injuries to key players or the unlucky bounce of a single ball could decide it this year at the top or bottom !!!

However with our budget and resources, I am proud of what the players and coaches are achieving on the hill ....... and come what may we will do it together as a "club" 

How sickeningly noble of you.
Back to Top
WEvans View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion


Joined: 08 Dec 2016
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 198
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 12:38
Some people have a funny definition of sickening.
Back to Top
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Location: W Yorks
Status: Offline
Points: 1736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 13:40
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Some people have a funny definition of sickening.


I think Yorkshire Stour was having a little bit of banter with Tiger Dome W E
It's what Rolling Maul is all about .
Get too serious and threads get closed down.

Edited by tulip - 31 Jan 2019 at 15:00
Back to Top
Senile Said Rick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Location: Wollaston
Status: Offline
Points: 333
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senile Said Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 13:48
Tiger Dome 2 - mate get over the budget rubbish, it's like an old record pal, Tigers pay dollar and always have, who do you think you're kidding LOLLOLLOL

I spent three days in hospital over Christmas following the Tigers game after leaving the car park at Dour and tripping over Swatkins wallet !
ego have a ingens perturbo snake in meus pardus
Back to Top
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Location: W Yorks
Status: Offline
Points: 1736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 13:56
Originally posted by Senile Said Rick Senile Said Rick wrote:

Tiger Dome 2 - mate get over the budget rubbish, it's like an old record pal, Tigers pay dollar and always have, who do you think you're kidding LOLLOLLOL

I spent three days in hospital over Christmas following the Tigers game after leaving the car park at Dour and tripping over Swatkins wallet !


Back to Top
Tiger Dome 2 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Location: Sheffield
Status: Offline
Points: 223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger Dome 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 16:26
Originally posted by Senile Said Rick Senile Said Rick wrote:

Tiger Dome 2 - mate get over the budget rubbish, it's like an old record pal, Tigers pay dollar and always have, who do you think you're kidding LOLLOLLOL

I spent three days in hospital over Christmas following the Tigers game after leaving the car park at Dour and tripping over Swatkins wallet !

Who said we didn't pay money ding dong end ?

Suggesting we have a budget would suggest that we pay does it not ????????

Its the size that matters ...... ask Mrs O !!!!!!
Back to Top
Tiger Dome 2 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Location: Sheffield
Status: Offline
Points: 223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger Dome 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 16:28
Originally posted by yorkshirestour yorkshirestour wrote:

Originally posted by Tiger Dome 2 Tiger Dome 2 wrote:

To be honest Waltzer from the inside looking out we have been our own worst enemy, but still believe !!!

We have been so close this year and played some good rugby, we should be looking up, not down however we are where we are.

We have played in January
Huddersfield 3rd
Fylde (were) 3rd (won)
Chester 2nd ( lost in last play)
and south (lost be a point in the last minute)
So a very very hard January !!!!!

Although anyone one can beat anyone on there day, we hope to start picking up points going forward into February. 

8 points away from relegation .... and 8 points away from 8th shows what a close and great league this is and for me anyone from Tyndale down are in with a shout of going down ...... and anyone from Hinckley above a shout of going up !!!!!!!!! A few injuries to key players or the unlucky bounce of a single ball could decide it this year at the top or bottom !!!

However with our budget and resources, I am proud of what the players and coaches are achieving on the hill ....... and come what may we will do it together as a "club" 

How sickeningly noble of you.

Until the end YT ......... you should try it some time ...... Nobleness would look good on you !
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.